Yes, I have seen AVX-512 looming on the horizon for a while.  Yes, we
should support it.  Dealing with AVX/AVX2 was a lot of work, and there is
not much AVX-512 available hardware out there, which may explain the
relative lack of activity so far.

I would be willing to make the infrastructural changes in VEX and Valgrind
necessary to provide a framework in which we can incrementally add support
for individual instructions.  That would be: addition of support for 512
bit registers, changes in the front end instruction decoding framework, and
changes in the back end (if any required, possibly none).

One problem is the lack of hardware.  As I understand it, some but not
all Skylake CPUs support AVX-512.  Having said that, if you are really
looking for a working implementation on Knights Landing then it would
be necessary to test any implementation both on Skylake+AVX512 and
Knights Landing.

A good description of the instruction set is also necessary.  Is that
publically available?

Can you make available, reliable, administrative-hassle-free
remote access to a box that supports AVX-512?