On 04/23/2009 11:43 AM, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 22:05:23 +0200
> Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kru...@hetnet.nl> wrote:
>
>> The solution to the above problem is indeed a change in the hardware
>> emulation from PCnet-FAST III to Intel PRO/1000 MT.
>
> Any reasons why always the desktop variant (Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop)
> is suggested and never the server one (Intel PRO/1000 T Server)

Any reason why there are multiple posts indicating that this actually
fixes a problem?

My onboard nic on this machine is:
*-network
                product: 82562EZ 10/100 Ethernet Controller
                vendor: Intel Corporation

and if I try anything other than the PCnet-FAST III (or II) nothing works:

$ uname -r
2.6.24-24-generic
[Linux Unbutu 8.04.2]
Guest = Win2KPro Win2KServer
Vbox = 2..2.0

 So those suggesting Intel PRO/1000 might want to: 1) provide a
reference ticket/bug report showing how/why that works for them, and 2)
provide some additional information on their system hardware + host &
guest.