On 04/24/2009 10:28 AM, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:13:30 -0300
> "Antonio Augusto (Mancha)" <mkha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you know which driver you need why don't you download it within the
>> host and then share it to the VM using shared folders?
>
> Exactly what I was thinking after reading this message.
> It can be that simple ;-)

Well you can certainly do it that way... *if* you know exactly which
driver package you need to download, and *if* you want to download all
12MB of the driver from Intel (for my Win2K guest).
  Using windows to fetch the driver via it's 'Found New Device'
application installs just the basic driver without all of added diags
etc., included with the Intel 12MB driver package.

Are any of the additional 11MB's included in the Intel package
required/necessary for VBox, or does the standard windows basic 'Found
New Device' install suffice?