Zitat von JD <jd1...@gmail.com>:

Just to re-iterate:
# mount -t vboxsf home /mnt/home
/sbin/mount.vboxsf: mounting failed with the error: No such device

JD

Hmm, so allow me to also re-iterate some questions     ;-)

On the Host you have defined a shared folder with the name home?

On the Guest you have installed the "Guest Additions for Linux"?
I would assume a "yes" here, otherwise you would not have the mount.vboxsf program.

On the Guest the relevant VBox kernel modules are loaded (vboxvfs and vboxadd)?
Are both of them listed when you do a     lsmod | grep vbox   ?

Best regards,

Jochen Roderburg
RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10                    Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                          E-Mail: roderb...@uni-koeln.de
Germany