* hari hr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [001117 23:54]:
> i think my suggestion is author should take care all
> the problems.

Others are not having these same problems. Thus, it's pretty safe to say
that the problem is not with the software, but with your installation.

>         but i had wrote some frontend to change the
> password in mysql database, with
>         out using ./vpasswd, iam directly changing the
> password field in databased.

This really isn't related to the vpopmail software then, is it? What does a
typical row look like in the authentication table? Is the password
crypt()'d? Are you able to authenticate before changing the password with
your utility?

>         but iam not able authenticate. from eaither in
> pop3 or sqwebmail.
>         in sqwebmail iam able to login still with old
> one, not with new one.

sqwebmail caches the password, so it's using the cached version. Read
INSTALL and ask your sqwebmail-related question on the appropriate mailing
list.

>         how do i authenticate users from both pop3 and
> smtp
>         and sqwebmail

It works just fine for me using the exact same setup (minus the custom
program you are using) following the appropriate setup procedures.

/pg
--
Peter Green : Gospel Communications Network, SysAdmin : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---