Hi

I followed the below HOWTO and think is great - it helped me a lot. I
managed to send and receive messages locally an online.

What I do not quite understand yet is how vpopmail and qmail handle the
outgoing messages via smtp:

On 24.10.2002 2:06 Uhr, "David Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
... \snip
> * Install vpopmail from source.  The Debian packages are pretty old and seem
> to be buggy, at least the last time I tried.
>
> * Change the run script for qmail-smtpd (/service/qmail-smtpd/run) to use
> vpopmail.  The tcp.smtp.cdb file needs to point to the one in the vpopmail
> home directory (ex. /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb).  This step makes
> POP-before-SMTP work.
Does this file contain the all the hosts for witch my Server will send
Email?

My run file is (I just changed the path of the vpopmail-home):

#!/bin/sh
QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`

exec softlimit -m 2000000 \
  tcpserver -v -R -l 0 -x /var/lib/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD"
\
    -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp qmail-smtpd 2>&1

When I try to send a message I get the 5.7.1 error.
I read all the documentation for Newbies on relaying from Chris.

Thanks for any help and hints.
Zeno