I heard today that if you are a maintenance paying customer and on 6.0,
you can actual request this 6.5 feature for 6.0 and they will send the
license.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ed Wilts
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:54 PM
To: Curtis Preston
Cc: veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu; Hadrian Baron
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is BMR worth it / How long does it really save
you?

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Curtis Preston
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        I couldn't agree with Ed more.  In addition, I BELIEVE under the
new pricing model, BMR is included in the base product.

As of 6.5, BMR is included.  However, you need to get your upgraded
license keys from Symantec before you can even install the pieces on
your master server.  The key upgrades are free if you're under contract.

Client-side encryption is also free with 6.5.  If you have a very small
number of clients and they've got extra processing power, this might be
an option.  It won't replace an appliance for high-volume work though.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]