>Has anybody insight into scissormaker? Are these instruments really
>designed for tying, or are they selling surgical instruments as ff tools?
>
>Rene

Anvil scissors are made specifically for fly tying.  They're made in
by the Vogel brothers in their machine shop in Columbus, Indiana.
They are both fly fishers and fly tyers (although they have been so
busy making scissors and vises that they have little time to enjoy
their sport).  They also make scissors designed specifically for
special fields, including hair dressers and dog groomers.

I believe Slick scissors were originally designed for surgeons, but
I'm not sure.  I think that's why they were originally called "Dr.
Slick".

a.

--
Allan Fish