Great article. I've never tied a tube fly, but shall make some  once the
Christmas rush is over.  How do you keep these in your fly box once you've
tied them>? Do you attach line with a loop, then run it through the tube and
thus have it ready when you need it on the stream? Inquiring minds want to
know. I can speak to the crow bar effect..lost several great kings in AK
with just that happening. They'd jump, swing their heads and then the hook
would come flying out of their mouths. Got smart and used some rather
shorter shanked Fat Alberts and egg sucking leeches to overcome the effect.
 Wish I lived close enough for a seminar on this aspect of tying. Joyce