Hey, Ashley!   Forgive me I don't know how to use this list very
well.   I do like to use tube flies on the Blues.  They do have a
junction tube connecting the hook to the tube with the crease fly
pattern I tie but the Blue fish didn't seem to have any problems
dislodging the fly if you get my meaning.  LOL   I have used them for
bass and pan fish also.  The junction tubing isn't always necessary
(dependent on the pattern) but I liked Don O's idea of putting a bit
of foam into the end of the tube to replace the bobber stopper idea
they used to use.  I may have to test that one out.   I tie a lot on
Yuri's tubes and on plastic tubes systems (Yuri also marketed these
shortly before his death) there are a lot of companies out there that
sell very cheap tubing to use for this purpose.   There was also
another company marketing a tube system that was somewhat
interchangeable call Eumer tubes but they were ridiculously
expensive.  I have a few of them to show when I demo tube flies but I
don't use them.   The paint chips off way too easily and they weren't
really good quality like Juri's.
There is a Japanese book out on tube flies by Ken Sawada along with
the two books I'm sure have already been mentioned by Mark Mandell and
Les Johnson and I might mention that Paul Marriner has some nice
examples of both tube flies and waddington shanks in his book.  I
could go on listing sources but those are my favorites along with the
websites that have already been mentioned. I've been so tied up with
school and I don't have a lot of time to even keep up with facebook
but you can always tease me out from under my rock with tube flies.
Miss you guys,
Deb