Mario Kless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> First is that I'm not able to use the radio of my TV-card. From time to time
> it is possible to listen to it, but I can't reproduce under which
> circumstances this appears.

That is one of the next things I plan to have a detailed look at, stay tuned :)

> saa7134[0]/audio: audio carrier scan failed, using 5.500 MHz [default]

Guess this happens because there is simply no station tuned.  If so it
is harmless.  Will probably disable that message at some point, but as
the latest tvaudio tweaks are just a few hours old I like the driver
being a bit more verbose on potential problems ...

> Second is the (known?) problem that the audio doesn't stop when I close any
> TV-application. The only possibilities to stop is to remove the saa7134
> module or to start the radio application. This has maybe something to do with
> problem one.

v4l1 or v4l2 API?  v4l1 mute not working is a known problem.

> Last problem is that xawtv starts always in overlay-mode although in my
> xawtvrc in /etc/X11 and ~ is set to:
>
> [defaults]
> capture = grabdisplay

Confirmed.  Oops.  Must investigate ...

> BTW is it normal that saa7134 does not load tda9887 automatically?

Yes.  It should do that only for cards which need it, which isn't true
for all cards ...

  Gerd

--
/join #zonenkinder