Mario Kless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > Second is the (known?) problem that the audio doesn't stop when I close
> > > any TV-application. The only possibilities to stop is to remove the
> > > saa7134 module or to start the radio application. This has maybe
> > > something to do with problem one.
> >
> > v4l1 or v4l2 API?  v4l1 mute not working is a known problem.
>
> Any help how to discover if I'm using v4l1 or v4l2?

Depends on the software.  Recent xawtv versions should use v4l2 if it
talks directly to the device, enabling debug output should tell you
whenever it really does or not.  zapping recently got v4l2 support
too, maybe the 0.7 cvs snapshot available from the sf download page
already has these bits.  Most other apps still use v4l1 through,
consult the documentation if in doubt.

The X-Server's v4l module uses v4l1 too, so everything using the
Xvideo extention for video display (i.e. XvPutVideo, not XvPutImage)
ends up using the v4l1 API.

  Gerd

--
/join #zonenkinder