Es schrieb Gerd Knorr:

> Mario Kless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > First is that I'm not able to use the radio of my TV-card. From time to time
> > it is possible to listen to it, but I can't reproduce under which
> > circumstances this appears.
>
> That is one of the next things I plan to have a detailed look at, stay tuned :)
>
> > saa7134[0]/audio: audio carrier scan failed, using 5.500 MHz [default]
>
> Guess this happens because there is simply no station tuned.  If so it
> is harmless.  Will probably disable that message at some point, but as
> the latest tvaudio tweaks are just a few hours old I like the driver
> being a bit more verbose on potential problems ...

Just making the experience on the md9717, that the volume on the input
must be up to some level. (Thanks a lot for scanning now the CD input.
On line in I often have one channel only caused by the hardware :)

> > Second is the (known?) problem that the audio doesn't stop when I close any
> > TV-application. The only possibilities to stop is to remove the saa7134
> > module or to start the radio application. This has maybe something to do with
> > problem one.
>
> v4l1 or v4l2 API?  v4l1 mute not working is a known problem.
>
> > Last problem is that xawtv starts always in overlay-mode although in my
> > xawtvrc in /etc/X11 and ~ is set to:
> >
> > [defaults]
> > capture = grabdisplay
>
> Confirmed.  Oops.  Must investigate ...

Yes. Have seen this too.

> > BTW is it normal that saa7134 does not load tda9887 automatically?
>
> Yes.  It should do that only for cards which need it, which isn't true
> for all cards ...

pre-install saa7134 modprobe -k tda9887
post-remove saa7134 modprobe -r tda9887 #works now

The saa7134 itself I still load manually.

Greetings

Hermann