On 10/24/05, Verdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If you want to do an experiment you
have to have a control.  In this case it would be the file size or
the quality.

That's what I was trying to say ... the result I was talking about produced two files that seemed to have about the same quality.  Yes I could see a difference, and yes the MOV was better ... but not very much - they were close enough to my eye to count them as "of like quality"  ... and the MOV was twice the file size.  Now granted 'quality' is largely subjective, so I did try to make them the same filesize ...

When I tried (perhaps poorly) to alter the 3ivx settings to create a file size that was about the same as the WMV ... the MOV file was complete crap - not even close.

I'm not saying it cant be done - I'm just saying that so far I have been unable to create a quality/filesize ratio MOV that is similar, equal to, or better  than the WMVs ... and with the tutorial settings I can get *much* smaller files for what my eye is willing to call "similar quality" by using WMVs.

However, I'm still tweaking with settings in an attempt to find the QT magic.