I'm not sure if there's a way to re-encode Flash; from what's been said in this group, I would assume not. At any rate, it's not easy or obvious to the masses how to do it.

I use the Flash version of Sorenson Squeeze, which cost $99 and the quality is good. You can (as I do) play with your settings to choose the best compromise between file size and quality of encoding, e.g. if you've got a moving subject against a moving background (probably the case with horse training), you'll need a higher video bitrate, but audio might not matter so much if it's not music so you can squeeze that down.

Feel free to look at my site for some examples, unfortunately, I stopped putting up encoding details a while ago, but some of the earlier ones might have that info still. Maybe I'll do some samples at different resolutions... one of these days in my abundant spare time! (Maybe the Sorenson Media site already has something like this.)

Let me know when you've got something up - I love horses! (And if you dig deep enough, you'll find video on my site of my daughter and her horse, when we still had him...)