You should try Enrics vpip: http://utilities.cinegage.com/videos-
playing-in-place/

Works great. I have it on my site. It works with flash, wmv and QT.
Swaps an image for an imbeded video.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Show" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have been playing around trying to embed flash video on my web
page, so,
> visitors could just click on that and play it (as an alternative
to my
> feed).
>
> I created a flv file, and used dreamweaver 8 to embed it in a web
page, and
> it seems to work on a test page I created (though it takes some
time to
> load)
>
> http://www.richardshow.com/flash_test.html
>
> I tried lifting the code that dreamweaver generated and put it in
a word
> press post, but the page did not show anything.
>
> The code I used looked like this
>
> <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#v
ersion=7,0,0,0"
> width="342" height="291" id="FLVPlayer">
>   <param name="movie" value="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" />
>   <param name="salign" value="lt" />
>   <param name="quality" value="high" />
>   <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
>   <param name="FlashVars"
> value="&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Halo_Skin_3&streamName=
> http://richard.blip.tv/file/get/Richard-
RichardsWifesBirthdayWMV360&autoPlay=false&autoRewind=false"
> />
>   <embed src="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf"
> flashvars="&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Halo_Skin_3&streamName=
> http://richard.blip.tv/file/get/Richard-
RichardsWifesBirthdayWMV360&autoPlay=false&autoRewind=false"
> quality="high" scale="noscale" width="342" height="291"
name="FLVPlayer"
> salign="LT" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="
> http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"; />
> </object>
>
> Also, I moved two .swf files that dreamweaver generated to the
same root
> directory of the site, which is where I think the wordpress
pages/posts go.

> These were
>
> FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf
>
> and
>
> Halo_Skin_3.swf
>
> (I guess I should note that dreamweaver also generated some java
script in
> the header and something inside the body tag which is onLoad, but
I'm pretty
> sure that had to do with checking to see if the right player was
available -
> I tried adding that to the main index page template too and that
didn't seem
> to change anything, though I didn't think it would ... but FYI ...
you can