On 3/31/06, lishisman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Secondly, my spamming was a marketing test. I had 27 people go to my
> site this month from this group.

I was going to leave a related message in my drafts box, but I'm going
to post it now, because of what you've said here. Frankly, I think you
should be banned for spamming. It's unacceptable and you show no
remorse for annoying over 3000 people.

> The truth is VERY simple. Groups are indexed immediatly on the servers
> of yahoo and google. Google "pirates" yahoos groups. Go ahead... you
> will see all your posts on Google Groups, and a bunch that are google
> specific. Strange really.

The Yahoo group is cross-posted to a google group-- someone set that
up about six months ago. Again, ignorance has made you look foolish.

> My market test proves that people do not come here to find videos...
> not the general public anyway, so there needs to be a group for
> them... do you know of one?

*eyeroll* Of course they don't. This is the VIDEOBLOGGING DISCUSSION
GROUP. Not the "FIND VIDEOS SEARCH ENGINE." For that, you go to a
search engine. Right tool for the job.

> For you, the work will be simple...join the group, post a link to your
> vlog evertime you have a new one. Thats all. No discussions. I will do
> the rest.

No. I have an RSS feed to promote my vlog. Feel free to subscribe to
it. There's even an email subscription option.

> I will never abandon this group, and this is not an alternative to it,
> it is the marketeing side of it for all vloggers...

I don't think you know anything about Internet marketing. If you did,
you would know the difference between a discussion group and an
audience for spam.

> On SEO and optimization.. I do not need a website or books, please
> humor me... I do work in this area, not just hokey doke stuff... I
> have large clients... Campaigns I manage spend over $20,000 per month.
> I need to know what I am doing. My own personal campaigns run into the
> lower thousands... and I make money!

You do not know what you're doing. You may work in Internet marketing
and have a lot of rich clients, but that does not mean that you know
anything about marketing videoblogs or about talking to technical
people. Every person in this group is an early adopter for technology.
They are NOT the people you typically market to. Your ignorance of
that simple premise has resulted in you shooting yourself in the foot.

> LASTLY...whew... I plan on building a website list of vlogs... TV with
> channels. There are many lists on the web, but there are better ways
> to do things... This site will cater to daily shows... and will be
> marketed heavily in this new group. It will also be developed so
> people can find what the're looking for... "blog video" is the hot
> keyword today, maybe it will be vodcast tomorrow, either way thats
> what people search to watch vlogs.

I look forward to seeing your website of vlogs enter an already
crowded market and do poorly because you lack subtlety.

> Peace OUT!

How about just OUT.

--
Stephanie Bryant