I feel like some of the trends that have made new media appealing
thusfar, particularly the sort of "monitor as mirror" effect I talked
about in my response to Fred Graver <http://focus.blip.tv/file/86145>
where people can see themselves in the show might be hard for "legacy"
media to embrace.

OTOH, when you're making a play for the masses, how much does "street
cred" or lack thereof in a very fringey industry matter?

If we draw another parallel to film, one wonders...are we going to have
fewer and fewer truly independent productions and see more "Warner
Independent" style Internet TV programs?

I realize that the studio system is good at funneling resources to and
promoting talented people, but I think there's a real case for the
amateurs here due to:

A) sheer numbers that have not been duplicated before in any of the
previous revolutions they describe
B) the continuing death of distance that continues to grow niche
markets.

Thanks for posting this, I have been wondering in my head for a little
while, "What happens when what we're calling today 'New Media' isn't
really new anymore?" At the moment, places like  Network2
<http://network2.tv/>  aren't carrying much that doesn't come from
people outside a studio, but we will see how the pendulum swings.