Hi Dina,

My 2 cents is to think about sound quality as not that many cameras
have a mic input. If you are wanting to use an external mic this could
be a determining factor. For shooting outdoors or in noisy places, an
external mic makes a huge difference IMO. And mic input is not to be
confused with an "active shoe" or hot shoe on the top of the camera.
It does accept a mic but still only one mounted on the camera itself,
which is much less flexible and still poorer quality than having a
wireless or lavalier mic.

We have an older Sony HDR-HC1 which is now sold in a newer version as the HC3.
HC1 does the job well though we have had to get it repaired 2x in less
than 1 year as the touch screen keeps malfunctioning. We do use it
every day though; no rest for this camera. The price does keep going
down on these.

Coming in mid-Feb there is:
- HC5 (no mic input) $1099 list price   http://snipurl.com/1806s
- HC7 (yes mic input) $1399 list price    http://snipurl.com/18089

FYI links go to Bare Feet Shop - our amazon associates page.

Aloha,

Rox

--
Roxanne Darling