You are assuming that the vast majority of people out there WANT to
have their media other than the "old way"....old habits die hard, and
old media did not get "old" by not adapting......and the better
technology does not always win.......

Heath
http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> But that would actually involve understandinf web 2.0 and the
> long-tail, so dont hold your breath.
>
> Sometimes I feel guilty about singling them out for my moaning, but
> then they say something like 'anybody into video needs to be at our
> conference' and all the guilt disappears.
>
> According to words spoken at the NYC 2.0 meet, you can get into the
> conference for free if you can prove you are a startup company
though!!!

> And all this from people who use words like 'agitate'
and 'disruptive'
> when referring to themselves and how they will shakeup the
traditional
> media industry. I intend to do a bit of what those words actually
> mean, in order to agitate and disrupt up[starts who wish to copy the
> old way of doing things using new technology, instead of embracing
the
> real potential of the internet.
>
> Tune in next week when I empty my bowels on those who think SEO is
the
> spirit of the internet.
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve Elbows
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jan McLaughlin"
> <jannie.jan@> wrote:
> >
> > Have had some bank-and-forth with Jeff and Chris Brogan.
> >
> > Invitations and offers of assistance from Pulver. I told him I'd
> come to his
> > VON conferences if they paid my expenses.
> >
> > Told them The Faux Press would cover 'em for $5k / week.
> >
> > No go.
> >
> > I've decided what my time and energy are worth.
> >
> > Long-tail that $40K and ship a bunch of vloggers to vlog the
conference
> > rather than sponsor a hierarchical contest, hmmm?
> >
> > He'd get a shitload more Google Juice and advertising from that
> approach.
> >
> > Just sayin'.
> >
> > Jeff? You listening?
> >
> > Jan

> > > I woke up this morning to find this in my inbox;
> > >
> > > Jeff Pulver is normally a very clever guy who started VON among
other
> > > things so this is obvioulsy legitimate just sounds/reads a bit
weird.

> > > just passing it on.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Dean
> > >

> > > Tomorrow morning I will be announcing an internet video contest
where
> > > the grand prize is US$ 25,000. Submit an episode of your
Internet TV
> > > show or a videoblog entry dealing with "How to Watch Internet
TV,"
> > > mention Network2 in it as well, and submit a link to where we
can
> > > find it.
> > >
> > > Your show doesn't have to be on Network2 to enter (though if
you come
> > > to <http://network2.tv/addshow/> , you can submit your show for
> > > inclusion). Simply show us how to see your submission,
published on a
> > > site (YouTube, Blip, Revver, or anywhere we can easily find
it), and
> > > it counts.
> > >
> > > Have fun with this. If you have an ongoing show, see if you can
work
> > > the theme into your show. If you're a videoblogger, show us your
> > > style. Humor helps, but follow your own path on this. We want
your
> > > take on the topic: How to Watch Internet TV, mentioning
Network2 at
> > > some point. Oh, and if you'd give us a link on your website,
that
> > > would be nice, too. :)
> > >
> > > We'll review the submissions (due by March 9th), and announce
the
> > > finalists around March 16th. We'll announce the winner at
Spring 2007

<http://pulver.com/contest>. Some