I can go for Randy's solution, since I would personally never do
either one (tape or string).  Whatever you can use that causes the
least mess and gets the job done.

The bottom line is that that can't be the solution, or else there
should be recalls and free shipping for every single person who bought
one to receive a newly created "adapter lead supplied with the
camera".  It makes sense for 3rd-party stuff not to work, but NOT
accessories supplied WITH the camera. :/

--
Bill C.
http://ReelSolid.TV

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "RANDY MANN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> no dont use tape use a string.tape will leave sticky stuff every
wehre . put
> a small peice of sting on the jack to do the same thing.  wehn you
get sick
> of the micky mouse stuff go and get a propeer addaptor.
>
> randy
>
> On 2/17/07, Bill Cammack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   If that's actually the solution, which I can't believe that it is...
> > You have to A) wrap an amount of tape around the end of the connector
> > so that you can push the plug "all the way in" and the tape will
> > restrict the plug from going so far that it becomes a problem, and B)
> > use headphones to check whether you have sound or not and whether it's
> > sratchy.
> >
> > I'm assuming that that camera has a headphone jack.
> >
> > --
> > Bill C.
> > http://ReelSolid.TV
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com