Im not keeping track deliberately but off the top of my head:

KarmaBanque got a deal with Al Jazeera English to make some videos for
broadcast on TV.

Clive James who is an Australian famous in Britain for many years in
the mainstream media, now does stuff online, though I dont know if his
videos would meet the definition of videoblogging.

Years ago a famous UK TV presenter called Keith Chegwin, fairly down
on his luck, broadcast himself live via streaming net video for many
hours every day. I believe he was infamously naked once.

A famous UK soap star had to leave the program after it was revealed
that he had been exposing himself on a web cam he had in his dressing
room, maybe that doesnt count :D

Here in the UK im finding it pretty hard to tell if there are really
many web celebrities here. If I go to the uk itunes podcast directory
then its dominated by BBC & other mainstream media people. Im probably
forgetting some really obvious example but no UK web celeb is
springing to mind right now. In the UK the web has been used to launch
some very sucessful (so far) musical careers, but I cant think what
'personalities' its brought into our mainstream yet. Fameseekers here
are currently stil more likely to try their luck in Big Brother
auditions! Our famous homegrown youtuber is that great really old
bloke, he has got some media attention but didnt even allow interviews
until recently, he was the only person who'd ever filmed himself, so
he isnt a crossover so far.

Cheers

Steve Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Very cool.
>
> Is anyone keeping track of vloggers and podcasters crossing over to
> broadcast radio or TV?
>
> I'm going to start a "before they were famous" or "cross-overs" guide
> on mefeedia.
>
> So far I just have Brookers, and LisaNova but I'm trying to think of
any others.

> Dawn and Drew?
>
> Madge Winestien?
>
> I'd like to put Ask A Ninja on that list one day.
>
> Aha, the Lonely Island Guys who are now on Saturday Night Live.
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Oh, and Amanda Cogdon
>

> What about reverse-crossover?
>
> Maybe we can come up with a list of mainstream personalities that have
> now crossed over into podcasting.  I know NPR has a bunch. The most
> recent one that comes to mind are the Cartalk guys, and there's the
> Jim Lehrer podcast, but I need something more substantial then just
> NPR personalities much as i love them
>
> Oh! Heh! The digg guys!  I forgot about them. Leo Laporte too... Maybe
> Adam Curry. He's a true hybrid. A lot of people from G4/TechTV jumped
> ship and landed in this new media world. Timing as they say is
> everything.
>
> I guess the question is...
>
> Who are your favorite videoblogging celebrities?
>
> -Mike
> mefeedia.com
> mmeiser.com/blog
>
> On 2/18/07, Bill Cammack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Here's the video... she neglected to mention you by name. :D
> >
> > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmWIY_C7XUw>
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Cammack" <BillCammack@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > A) Did you get your 10%? :D