And, at least from an international point of view, Im perhaps more
interested in those who 'make it' and dont cross-over.

If Ask a Ninja signed some TV deal, what good is that to me in the UK?
That means at best I can watch their stuff months later if its picked
up by a uk tv network?

Wheras Ask A Ninja got that nice lucrative advertising deal didnt
they, and as far as I know this means I can still watch them wherever
I am (even if i hate ads, at least I have the option).

Its funny how rarely I see the international dimensions of net video
being discussed in the mainstream & especially business press. They
throw all these huge numbers around concerning ad revenue, but I dont
see all that much talk about the implications of having global
audiences as well as relatively localised ones. Sometimes I wonder why
the large companies that have global products & brands, dont see more
in these opportunities, although of course I could be overstating
things as I dont know what %age of a typical popular USA vlogs
audience is in the USA.

Cheers

Steve Elbows