!!
Good questions.  I'd like to hear some thoughts from people in the know.
Sounds like an ideal episode idea for one of the green vlogs.

Rupert
http://www.fatgirlinohio.org
http://www.crowdabout.us/fatgirlinohio/myshow/

On 22 Mar 2007, at 21:12, johnleeke wrote:

How green is video-blogging itself?

Do personal computers and video cameras grow on trees? Or, are they
made out of petro-chemicals?

What is the carbon footprint of the equipment used to product a
videoblog? Does that include the internet infra-structure?

Where can I buy carbon credits to cover the electricity used in the
making and distribution of my video blog? What is the
carbon-unit-per-minute-of-videoblog rate? Could I win a prize on
"Vlogging for Dollars" to cover it?

What if, instead of video blogging, we made drawings on recycled paper
in "flip-book format" and handed the flip-books to our friends, or
left them laying around on the counter down at the diner? That sounds
really green. Lower distribution numbers surely, but with greater
impact on the viewer?

And what about digital-smoke-signal vlogging?

John Leeke,
member in good standing,
American Alternatives Association