We (blip.tv) have been holding movie nights at the Pioneer theater
(http://twoboots.com/pioneer) every few months. The next one will coincide with
vloggercue (http://vloggercue.pbwiki.com/), most likely on Sunday 12 August.

David Meade wrote:
> Finding videos probably isn't a challenge for those who would be interested
> in doing this.  no?  What I think would be of great value on the wiki is a
> sort of FAQ/Tips on how to accomplish such an event:
>
> 1) What sort of venues might be interested in participating?
> 2) Where should I start my search for a venue? (resources other than the
> yellow pages?)

Besides small alternative/art theaters, you may find certain bars or coffee
shops amenable.

> 3) What are the important things to consider when selecting a venue?
> (facilities, surrounding area, hotels/transit, other?)
> 4) What list of requirements/preferences should I provide the venue
> management?
> 5) What objections/questions should I expect from the venue management
> during planning?
> 6) What is the venue going to expect of me? (If not money, then what else if
> anything should I expect to provide to the venue?)

The Pioneer theater prefers the content on Mini DV, with a DVD backup.