Great stuff everyone, thanks!

The new CG65 sounds interesting.

I'm not sure I need the HD ... I'll be compressing down for the web anyway
... HD may be overkill?  Plus the smaller size of the CG65 is tempting.

I can't tell from the Sanyo site if it has the external mic jack though ...
that might just be the HD versions?

>From the example vids posted here I did notice some sound issues a few
times, but in other vids it was just fine.  I use a small canon digital
still camera at the moment for those "I don't want carry my DV cam with me"
times.  It's not like it has great sound either ... I'd be surprised if the
Sanyo is - on average - all that much worse.

Trading up from the digital still cam, and being able to shoot in 16x9 in
those "I don't want to carry my DV cam with me" times would be nice.  :-)

- Dave

--
http://www.DavidMeade.com