I think the debates have revolitionized participatory politics.  I
submitted questions, and a post debate commentary that was featured
extensively on the network.  I blogged about my experience
yesterday, but overall it's a great time to be involved in new
media.

The only thing is the networks don't compensate for the citizen
journalism submissions.  I was talking to my brother who's a video
editor at NBC, and we agree that has has to change.

PEACE!!

A.man.I

www.myurbanreport.com
http://myurbanreport.blip.tv

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "mcmpress" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> We liked them very much, especially being in them. A very exciting
and
> surprisingly emotional experience.
> That said....
>
> Next time, I think you tube viewers should choose the questions,
the
> candidate "you tube type videos" should be "you tube type videos" -
> candidate and a webcam, that's it.  Speaking from their hearts.
Pouring

<spamjonny@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I liked the debate a lot. I think that having the public submit
> > questions allowed CNN to pose questions to the candidates that
they
> > might have been too chicken to pose. It gave them some cover. The
> > YouTubers were way more interesting than having the usual talking
> heads.
> >

> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Watkins" steve@
wrote:

> > > I didnt see it, Im in the UK, but I just read this story about
it
> > > which I felt covered a lot of ground:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070724/youtube_
deb\
> ate_070724/20070724?hub=World
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > http://tinyurl.com/299ukk
> > >
> > > Personally I feel that the flaw that theres still a
gatekeeper, CNN,
> > > was less relevant than the fact the politicians are still the
same.
> It
> > > may be different people asking the questions, but politicians
are
> > > still going to use their training to answer the questions in
the way
> > > they want, encompassing their talking points and well-practices
> > > political stances on the issues raised, or even unrelated
issues.

> > > But its a start. Here in the UK we have a TV program called
Question
> > > Time, where the comments and questions from the audience are
often a
> > > lot more interesting than what the panel says.
> > >
> > > The ability to create a new version of public meetings, using
the
> > > internet, is certainly of interest. This CNN thing wasnt that,
but
> it
> > > was some sort of step in the right direction I guess. A big
> challenge
> > > will be to change the pace of these things, theres only so much
> > > reality you can get out of short soundbites and quickly moving
on to
> > > the next question, I remain fascinated by whether peoples
> > > concentration spans have been really been reduced over the
decades
> or
> > > whether there is a real appetite for longer and deeper
discussions.

> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Steve Elbows
> > >
> > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Gena" <compumavengal@>