Hi everyone:

On 10/22/07, Rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Pat,

[Snip....]

>  The one format that does seem to be accepted by almost all phones
>  that play video is 3gp.
>
>  But at what resolution? 160x120 or thereabouts, I think.  Tiny.

Interestingly enough, I've found from the software I've downloaded and
used that 176 x 144 is believed (Keyword is BELIEVED) to be the
"defacto" standard for cell phones, though the preview seems to vary
from phone to phone (One of the pieces of software I downloaded gives
a preview as to how the video would likely look in a given phone).

>  But I have to ask, how many people will actually watch on a phone?

I think that with Sprint & Verizon already offering video services,
it's quite obvious that there's a market for people who'll watch video
on their phone.

>  And I'm someone who's very
>  into watching web video. So is it worth the effort?  I guess you
>  won't know until you try.

Well not to hijack the thread here, but it appears as though I'm not
the only one interested in trying to appeal to cell phone video
viewers. But in case I'm not successful, it won't be for lack of
trying. :D

--
Pat Cook
Denver, Colorado