Hi Pat,
I still advise caution on that interpretation of the market.  My own
interpretation of mobile companies offering video services is that
they are selling their own content from their own portals. That's how
it is in the UK, anyway - most video consumed on phones is P*rn/Soft
P*rn & Sport & Comedy clips sold through the provider's channels.
Access to third party podcasting is not highlighted, nor is it very
easy and it's only sought out by the truly dedicated. And since
nobody even on this list of early adopters has ever said they do it,
except as an experiment (Steve G), I stand by my thoughts.  As for
embedding watchable video on a web page for viewing on a mobile
device... you can see how the magnificent http://wreckandsalvage.com
do it - I wonder if they have many mobile views.

Btw, you saw this thread as encouraging - it isn't. It isn't about
David trying to appeal to cell phone video viewers, it's about him
trying to send video shot on his phone to his blog for viewing
regularly on the web or via RSS.

I watch videos on my iPod occasionally on the London underground.  I
am the only person I've ever seen doing that, even given the massive
sales of video ipods - they launched 2 years ago this week. And I've
never seen or heard of anybody watching video on their mobile phone.
And a good number of people I know have video enabled phones, now,
because the call packages are cheap.

Cheers,

Rupert