--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Lan Bui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Whit is the true value of getting 100,000 views in a day? Is it so you can
> get sponsors to
> be interested in your show?
> If you do what Rupert and Bill say about getting featured then sure you will
> get those
> views but what true value does it add to Mahalo Daily?
> Was and is your goal just to make money with Mahalo Daily?

The goal of Mahalo Daily is to entertain, inform, and sometimes even help
folks. We look
at it as a stand-alone property that will also, on a secondary basis, sometimes
inspire
folks to use Mahalo for what it's good for (searching, research, how to
articles, etc). So, at
the bottom of each Mahalo Daily blog post we post a bunch of related links.

Today we have a couple of articles including "How to use Dopplr" and "how to
book a
cheap flight" linked under the blog post. So, after watching today's show
(which is very
funny fyi... good job team!) a certain percentage (5-10%) of the audience might
want to go
deeper into the topic area.... a certain percentage of those might become
regular Mahalo
users (say 10% of 10%, or 1%).

In terms of sponsorship we would consider a sponsor if they were in sync with
the
audience and Mahalo brand, but we don't need to have a sponsor because if we
can get to
100k views a day the traffic from the searches would pay for the show (ahhhh...
cue the
sinister Calacanis/Darth Vader music). Yes, page views/search traffic at 50,000
a day
range would pay for enough of the show to break even.

> Beyond what Jan said, which also would get you viewers, I know that building
community
> of genuinely interested people would be the best way go get valuable viewers.
> The
better
> the community, the more interactive, the more viewers you will see come.

Sage advice... we've got the core audience already thanks to Veronica's past
work and a
core audience of 70-125k folks coming to Mahalo.com every day. So, I guess the
advice
of "slow growth" is the best we've seen here.

best j