Interestingly enough, to both aspects of this conversation, A) Mahalo,
and B) formula...

Veronica posted today that Mahalo Daily was featured on iTunes today:

<http://www.veronicabelmont.com/2007/11/mahalo-daily-featured-on-itunes/>

along with WallStrip, Daily Feed, Epic-Fu, Crave, Alive in Mexico,
Fuel TV, and NPR: Bryant Park Project.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Cammack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]
> > general audience.
>
> Excellent point.  The target zone is getting younger, not older.
> Shows are being made to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like
> MTV-watchers, viral video and email-joke-senders.  I had a meeting
> with a newspaper owner about bringing his paper online, and his inital
> response was "well... that might be good for the younger readers...".
>  I think that in general, people are seeing technology as being used
> increasingly by younger viewers/users and assuming that older internet
> users just fade away.
>
> Using your "aspirational arrival points" theory, the younger a female
> lead is in a show, the farther away she gets from being in the AAP of
> an older male, who would feel less and less like he "had a chance"
> with her, and in some cases would see her more and more as "his
> daughter" telling him about tech rather than a respected female peer.
>
> > Entities that appeal to women, especially young women, and
> > the heavy-spending and freetime-rich baby boomers as they retire at
> > increasing rates will do the best. Repeating the same model just
because
> > it's been successful before will not do that.
>

> That's another great idea... Appeal TO women. :)  Unfortunately, when
> we see demographic poll results of, I believe 8% of Rocketboom's
> audience being female AT ALL, I can't see people hustling to attempt
> to capture the attention of baby-boomers, as you mention.
>
> However, you could choose to see it as "If only this low amount of
> females is watching Rocketboom, what ARE they watching, or what WOULD
> they watch if they had their druthers?  I was thinking about this
> once, when I had reason to be in a warehouse-type store, due to the
> fault of someone who shall remain unnamed [coughdanmcvicarcough].  I
> noticed how many people were literally STREAMING past the registers
> buying stuff.  I realized I probably could have mentioned to 98% of
> them some names of shows that I watch online, and they'd have no clue
> that that show existed.  I wondered how to drag all of those people,
> aimlessly streaming past me, into viewing an online show.....
>
> --
> Bill Cammack
> http://CammackMediaGroup.com
>

> > And for Jason – I get your response and agree with much of what you
> say. But
> > I think you also get that creating a context in which achieving
what you
> > outlined in your response can live by explain exactly what you did in
> > response to me is very important, albeit easily forgotten tedious at
> times.
> >

> > On 13/11/2007, danielmcvicar <danielmcvicar@> wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi Mike
> > > I was flip, but sex is what does sell, in advertising, etc.
> > > However, once it is sold, what are you bringign. Not just sex, but a
> > > service. You must
> > > give some nutrition with dessert, and once you bring people into the

in the

http://www.calacanis.com/2007/11/11/congrats-to-tyler-and-veronica-on-an-