the forum idea has been passed around several times over the years ...
for some reason there was always resistance to it.  (I like the idea
too).

There are forum apps out there that have RSS feeds and can email you
new posts ... there'd be very little impact for anyone who wanted to
keep their email or rss view of the discussion.

eh .. so much seems to happen in twitter now-a-days .. but that sucks
for the newbies.

--
http://www.DavidMeade.com