Ive never used email to read or write to this group. The yahoo web interface is
not as good
as a forum, but its gradually moved closer, eg you can view messages by thread.

There were attempts to setup forums some years ago, but there were never enough
people who signed up. Frustrating though it is that inferior technology is
used, this group
achieved the critical mass of users necessary to make it some sort of
community, and thats
hard to replicate.

And as for forums & moderators, it can be quite a drain on those who do the
policing. All
too easily an 'us and them' thang can appear at times of strife. The 'light
touch' approach
on this list seems to have mostly worked ok, and avoids replacing the nasty
feelings from
ugly arguments, with nasty feelings that debate is being supressed. Arguments
here end in
the natural way, they fade off when the participants themselves get bored of
it, or react
badly to advise to chill out, and leave permanently.

Cheers

Steve Elbows
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Rather sad when a group that tries to push new media subscribes and restricts
> itself to
old
> technology like email.
>
> If this was a forum, there would be post and threads. If there were personal
> attacks and
> such, a moderator could delete the post or simply close the thread. That's
> the beauty of
> forums. They are moderated. People would never get away with some of the crap
> that
> goes on here. If someone slagged someone in one of the Help areas, a
> moderator would
> just remove that post.
>
> As I said way back when the forum idea was brought up, I prefer forums. My
> inbox is
> already full of things that require my attention. I dont really want more
> email to distract
> me or clutter up my mind. You say you would never go to a forum yet you visit
> your
inbox