around the 13/11/07 David Howell mentioned about [videoblogging] Re:
Bored that:
>Rather sad when a group that tries to push new media subscribes and
>restricts itself to old
>technology like email.

well, it is effective :-) (i like email, it comes to me, i can do it
offline, i can easily save what i want, I can reply to list or
offlist, and you cna thread it if you need to).

>If this was a forum, there would be post and threads. If there were
>personal attacks and
>such, a moderator could delete the post or simply close the thread.
>That's the beauty of
>forums. They are moderated. People would never get away with some of
>the crap that
>goes on here. If someone slagged someone in one of the Help areas, a
>moderator would
>just remove that post.

not quite. this list could be moderated. Moderation is moderation and
requires a lot of work, whether it is this email list for a forum.
Moderation and medium are two different things and are different
conversations - if moderation is what is sought then this list could,
for example, become moderated. But remember, it takes a lot of work
to moderate (a list this busy I'd expect nearly an hour a day of your
time if it was one person to skim, approve, reject with explanation).

>As I said way back when the forum idea was brought up, I prefer
>forums. My inbox is
>already full of things that require my attention. I dont really want
>more email to distract
>me or clutter up my mind. You say you would never go to a forum yet
>you visit your inbox
>all the time? I dont understand that thinking. As Mr Meade said, you
>could, if you so
>desired, have everything emailed to you anyways with a forum.

that's true, i've never been a fan of forums but my own bias (which
it is) is that email is faster, and more productive for getting
things happening, etc. it is noisy but that comes with the territory.

>Of course...if nothing changes, then nothing changes I guess. I
>didnt start the group and
>was not involved when the ground rules were laid out and will
>probably leave the group
>long before it ceases to exist.
>
>For what it's worth, and not like they matter at all, those are only
>my opinions.

and they're good ones :-) reading this list via gmail for example
brings it almost to a forum.... but as I said, I like that I can take
it with me.
--
cheers
Adrian Miles