Hi Heath,

The new Sony XDCAM EX1 is what I would recommend. For low light, a
bigger sensor is better, so the EX1 has a 1/2 inch sensor compared to
most 1/3 sensor cameras.

It records onto Express Cards but Sony's variation called Sxs. They
are talking about allowing any Express Cards. Express cards are
pretty cool, they connect directly to the computer versus P2 and
Compact Flash that have to go through bus cable.

It records all kinds of variable rates. The lens is AWESOME. This is
the camera I am getting after holding out for almost 6 years. I don't
need the RED power but I need this. The only drawback is that it
records in XDCAM which like HDV records in long GOP. I have had no
problems with this in all the times i have used a HDV camera. BTW,
XDCAM is pro version of HDV. The EX1 uses a new variation  Currently,
there is support for it in Final Cut Pro and Vegas. I think Canopus
(spelling?) also has support. But there should be even more support
once it gets popular. The camera is hitting the streets. The footage
coming out of this camera is pretty cool.

Have fun.
Ajit
http://squigglebooth.com