Andrew,

I did read your post on this the other day.  You summed up the state
of the studio pretty well.

I believe the nail in their coffin will be the new media buyers
taking over the status-quo positions.  Part of my job is to research
new opportunites for new media buys.  Once the old regime is out,
the studios are going to have to move quickly (pretty much a oxy-
moron), and I don't have a lot of faith in post-roll / pre-roll, or
even the new google/youtube ad models.  I think the statics speak
for themselves.

Just me two lindens.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jay dedman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >  Just the other day I posted what I would consider a pretty
relevant
> >  topic about the changing industry, mentioned I had been working
on a
> >  hypothesis for quite some time and then asked for thoughts but
didn't
> >  get a single response here. It wound up on Techmeme with links
from
> >  Mashable, Newteevee, The Hollywood Writers Guild blog and I got
> >  contacted by some striking writers and got offered a panel
position,
> >  but not a single comment on this list, even after asking. I
guess its
> >  just not interesting or exciting to most people anymore.
>
> This is the blog post that Andrew posted:
> http://dembot.com/post/22117963
>
> There are classic insights like, "While the rest of the world is
> blooming online, TV has no new content to offer right now."
> I read it, and was like "duh".
> we've been discussing why TV sucks since the beginning. its a
forgone
> conclusion. in 2004 people used to say we were cranks for these
> opinions.
> It was awesome that you wrote a concise essay about why TV studios
> will die, but did you think this was breaking news to anyone here?
> I'm so fucking glad that TV writers are realizing that the cages
are
> wide open now!
>
> Id rather talk about how Rocketboom's format is the most widely
copied
> format for online video shows these days.
> that's influence.
> I get confused how folks diss this specific small email list...and
> touts the numbers and importance of Techmeme, Techcrunch,
Newteevee or
> other websites. they certainly are cool...but are any of these
> communities in the comments more gracious or insightful?
> So please dont make people feel shitty because they dont happen to
> love your one post every 10 months.
> As on any list, the people who regularly participate in a community
> usually get the most response.
>
> >  I am still grateful for this list, especially for how much
support I
> >  have gotten in the past and I think I have given alot as well.
Its
> >  kinda of like a family which you love unconditionally even when
you
> >  disagree and get upset, so Ill stick around.
>
> yep...its all good Andrew.
> as much as we used to fight in the beginning, I love how stubborn
and
> protective you've been of your own video work.
> you are doing your thing hard and its great(http://rocketboom.com).
> Hiring Kenyatta brought a new spirit to the show.
>
> As Kent said, it's really about what we each do and make in our
> videoblogs that mean anything. this is what lasts.
> I see nothing but people doing on this list:
> http://videoblogginggroup.pbwiki.com/Who%20we%20are
> Check out all the links: please add yourself if you want.
>
> We're really such a small, intimate group.
> I always wanted to see videoblogging as valid communication model
> express and archive ourselves.
> 50 years from now is when time will tell.
> I'm a bloggers in it for the long haul. Im not trying to be the
most
> popular on the latest service worried about how many friends I
have.
> When I have a philosophical question about morality AND a question
on
> compliance with the latest HTML5 document....I come here.
>
> This group is completely chaotic and uncommercial.
> we never wanted to be the place to discuss the latest business
trend.
> we have no motive but to help new people start and understand how
> videoblog...and how to share our experience to push ourselves to
doing
> better work. We try to critique each other in a way different from
> youtube where critique is "suck my dick you bitch ill shit down
your
> throat asshole you homo you suck my dick too (please)".
>
> I'm always interested in communities  and would love links to other
> places where people are supporting each other around online video.
> newteevee comments? techcrunch? youtube? NIng group? seriously,
give
> me a link to check out.
> I hope and want to see more places where people can really be
> themselves and not fight to be loved and respected.
> You come here and its done.
> We want to see you videoblog as long as you're willing to be honest
> with yourself.
>
> I see much of the conversations among the old videoblogging heads
now
> on twitter and chat.
> This Yahoo mailing list has threatened to end so many times that
I'm