Dave,

I agree, the commenting thing is a minus of a centralised site.

Great points. These are important things in deciding how to set this
up.  I've been trying to consider them.

A centralised site is a useful tool for people to quickly see what's
happening within the project.  And it won't be anything like as
hassleful as posting to / checking the Ning site.

People don't have to embed videos when they post to the central blog -
they can just post a link.

What we did a lot in Navlopomo - even using the evil Ning - was
include the post's permalink below the embedded video so that people
could click through and comment.

And each participant can individually choose to off the comments in
their posts at the Semanal.org blog if they want to further encourage
people to go through to their own blogs to comment.

And in Navlopomo we had a central page where everyone's RSS feed was
listed, so it was easy to subscribe to everyone in the group.

In summary, I agree that the idea must be to avoid taking away from
your blog - to increase traffic to it.  I'd love wherever possible to
find ways to increase exposure for individual vloggers.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Meade" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I know a fuller solution is being worked on - and I know I kinda
> complained about this for NaVloPoMo .... but please indulge my
> offering some suggestions on how to post and track Semanal videos:
>
> 1) For Pete's sake I have a feed ... if, despite that, I have still
> have to go to this ning site and link to my videos each time then
>    a) I simply wont remember to
>    b) I wont want to
>    c) I defeat the purpose of RSS in the first place
>
> I'm not sure if we're going to have a tag, but even if we don't
> couldn't we just create a 'Channel' at MeFeedia containing the feeds
> of participating vloggers or something?
>
> 2) One Blog to Rule them All -- Some talk has been made of a
> super-blog that we would all contribute to.   Does anyone think that
> this might lead to comments happening there rather than the vloggers
> site?  Is that something that nobody really cares about?
>
> I'm just trying to figure out why we're reinventing the wheel as far
> as how to gather up and collect videos when things like RSS and
> Aggregators (not to mention web based ones like MeFeedia) have been
> doing that for us for a while now.
>
> Do we have to come up with something nuts other than these tools and
> drive traffic away from the participating vloggers' sites?
>
> - Dave
>
> On Jan 3, 2008 12:03 PM, Frank Sinton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Really cool idea. What is the tag? "semanal" ? Mefeedia will do our
> > usual hyper-aggregation / tag meme thing.
> >
> > Regards,
> > -Frank
> >
> > http://www.mefeedia.com - Discover the Video Web
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "rudy.jahchan"
> >
> > <rudy.jahchan@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I agree with Paul. It's great this will motivate people to post more
> > > and strongly encourage anyone to hit a weekly target (hell I
dream of
> > > going daily). And having a common location to post is grand to. But
> > > none of this is anything new.
> > >
> > > So you have even less of an excuse if you don't do it ;-)
> > >
> > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Paul Knight <paul.knight7@>

> > people

Facebook,