The more I read this thread, the more I like David's Mefeedia solution. Ning
for discussion, support, our own blogs for featured posting so to speak and
majority of comments, and mefeedia for the channel aggregation aspects. It's
less work, no need to set up another site, and we use the technology in
place.
To those of us who post a lot, having to manage one more place is a
challenge to participation.  And no reason why we can't cross post
occasionally to ning or to each others' sites when an episode strikes our
fancy. Ning could be used to stimulate memes (though I am meme-resistant in
many instances!) and/or "let's all try this technique for next weeks
contribution."

Respectfully submitted from the 2 cents department,

Rox

--
Roxanne Darling
Join us at the reef! Mermaid videos, geeks talking, and lots more