Ryanne and I started using iShowU a while back when snapzpro couldn't
come out with a version that worked on Intel Macs (it does now). To
our surprise we found iShowU to equal snapzpro in terms of features
for for recording video (snapzpro also does stills) and far surpass it
in usabliltiy, ie the amount of time it takes to save a file. With
SnapzPro, when you "finish" recording, the app then encodes the video
and audio and then saves a new copy to your hard drive which can take
3X or longer. I assume they do it this way so you get better
performance when recording but I haven't seen a difference compared to
iShowU which does the encoding on the fly and has the video ready for
about 1 second after you stop recording. Also, a tip that helps with
both iShowU and SnapzPro is to use the photojpeg codec for capturing.
It great quality and low overhead on your cpu.

- Verdi

--
http://michaelverdi.com
http://freevlog.org