--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Richardson -
WhatTheCast?" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Something tells me if I needed the government to do that for me it
would
> cost $30,000 in somebody elses tax dollars, take two weeks to produce
> and sound like it was recorded on a Victrola ... and me in a format
> unreadable unless your audio system runs ADA or FORTRAN.

I don't think anybody, short of a few free market utopians, suggested
that anybody was arguing the government should be doing everything for
everybody.

I and a few people were simply arguing that government regulation of
business is necessary, to maintain things like honest and fair trade,
safety of products, humane wage and working conditions for those
making those products, and minimal environmental damage in the
manufacturing and use of those products.

So far, nobody's argument has succeeded in convincing me that lifting
all regulation would magically transform America into a fairytale land
of chocolate rivers and pink unicorns.

Chris