While I respect what he's saying, because he's the one with the
company that deals with the business end of making money off of people
that make videos, I don't think "lack of content" is the problem here.

The problem *now* is what I've BEEN saying the problem is, which is
that  without a way to figure out whether suburban males with lawns
that are likely to buy a lawnmower are tuning in to your show, you
can't sell advertising to lawnmower manufacturers.

To say that there isn't enough content for companies to advertise on
doesn't take into account that there's tons of content that NOBODY
wants to advertise on because of lack of perceived ROI.

That's what's so funny about this video "boom".  People are rushing to
make a site where people are going to get on the bandwagon and upload
UGC and they think they're going to make all this money from it, when
in reality, they don't know JACK about video, they don't know JACK
about building, growing and maintaining an audience, they don't know
JACK about creating, advertising or moderating a social site...  All
they know is that "there's gold in them thar hills"! :D

Get them a pan.

There's CONTENT being made every single day, just on youtube alone.
The point is that none of it's monetizable because you can't tell
who's clicking on it, and unless you're willing to do some form of
shotgun advertising where you know a show gets 200,000 views per week
and you're willing to take a chance on them, it's not CONTENT you
want, but GOOD content, NICHE content and content you're likely to see
ROI from.

Bill Cammack
http://BillCammack.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Renat Zarbailov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>