"Flash-delivered video" (as you call it) is a *video player*.  And
thus is not video.

I.e., "Flash-delivered video" is similar to the Windows Media Player,
the QuickTime Player, VLC.  (It's basically a Flash-based video
player... similar to a Java-applet based video player.)

But it is not video.  I.e., it is not a video file.

The FLV file that these Flash-based video players play are the videos.

(But we may be just arguing semantics.)

And... as far as blocking ads in playlists.... just "mark" some of the
actual content to be "downloaded at the last minute" too (like the
ads)... so that if the user automatically blocks anything that is
"marked" to "download at the last minute" to block the ads... then
they end up blocking parts of the content too.... which makes
auto-ad-blockers software impossible.  This doesn't stop them from
fast-forwarding through the ad (which is fine... because if the user
really doesn't watch that particular ad, then it's a bad idea to try
to force them).  But that requires the user action.... and is much
different than automated software that blocks every single ad no
matter what (so the user doesn't even see them even if they would have
been interested in it).

See ya

--
Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.