Jay dedman wrote:

> All anyone wants is a set of standards and guideliness that we can all
> depend on.
> right now, its all arbitrary..and dependent on the whims of the
> broadband providers.
> They COULD behave reasonably as you suggest.
> They COULD behave in their own self-interest as the presiding fear is.

If the companies are giving us a good deal out of the kindness of their hearts,
I don't want any of it!  I don't have a personal relationship with these
faceless bureaucracies and any such charity can be withdrawn at any time. I
insist that they give me any deal motivated by corporate greed and selfishness.
  This way I can be sure that it is in their interest to continue. And I want
the satisfaction of knowing that, if they deviate, they're hurting themselves
as well as me, and opening themselves up to attack from a competitor.