Irresponsible?

No more irresponsible than a local "all you can eat" restaurant
"crying foul" if 5 out of 100 guests were to eat 50% of the food
served.  All the while, slowing down service for the rest of the
guests.  Would it be that 'evil' for the restaurant to ask guests who
have had one serving already to go to the back of the line when two
people present themselves at the buffet at the same time?

Zero limits may be allowable for a period of time but when restaurant
traffic is increasing by 40% every year, eventually Mom & Pop will
have to place limits or "cry foul".  This isn't irresponsible, it's
very reasonable.  The amount of money they are making is irrelevant.
They are trying to maintain quality of service for their guests and
they're not about to double the size of their restaurant for the
greedy 5% when they can place reasonable limits on them.

Of course there has to be transparency but an asterisk will do if
we're only talking about 5% here.  I don't need to visit an "All you
can eat but you can't shove stuff into your Purse" restaurant.  An
"All you can eat(*) " restaurant will do.

Of course if something isn't actually unlimited it has to be mentioned
somewhere.  No one would argue that the contrary is acceptable.  I do
find it surprising that you would call bandwidth limits irresponsible
though.

I'd say the 5% using 50% and expecting to get away with it forever is
irresponsible.  Even disrespectful.  If you wouldn't do it to a Mom &
Pop business, why would you do it to a large corporation?