I know many of you would be opposed to buying ads to get your content
noticed, but what makes this auction process different? You are effectively
buying an ad. I know Gary V has purchased google adwords to promote some of
his content, depending on his motive buying placement on YouTube might also
make sense. If you have a crappy video, no amount of money will get people
to watch it. Buying an ad can be the only option for a great video to escape
obscurity.

As for Brooks' comment re: ignoring ads, someone must click on them because
they pay me quite nicely. This will be no different. Some people will ignore
promoted videos, some people won't.

Jake Ludington
http://www.jakeludington.com