Hi!

I had a project last year that actually didn't went forward enough to
go public, but i had started building the concept and tried the geeky
details of it.

What i ended up doing was:

1) The wordpress was used to create the content with the categories
and tags and from that i extracted various things:
  1.1) (video) RSS per categorie;
  1.2) archives with the videos on it just as wordpress show content
by categories;
  1.3) the wordpress view of things is the second way of watch/search
the content (very blog like always)

2) But i took the various RSS and with those i created a first page
that is actually the Jeroen FLV player (
http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Media_Player
  ), because that playes is very flexible and is capable of being feed
with our RSS wordpress... I think you can build a nice TV like that.

In alternative you could just use the play lists from blip and use the
blip player, but doing it the other way you can integrate the flash
player in such a way that when you are playing a particular video you
end up with that wordpress post/article also showing up somewhere in a
frame, so that you can still have comments and such.

This concept is nothing new and unfortunately i never build it up
completely to test it further but i hope some day i will have a new
project to build and test it further and hopefully add more to this
conversation theme.

thats my 2 cents of Euro. ;)

Rgds,
ZN