From: Michael Verdi <michaelve...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 23:16:03 -0600
To: <videoblogging@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Re: Macbook pro for video editing

Yeah, hard drives. Over the years I've lost a pretty good amount of
things. A couple of weeks ago I had FCP just randomly freeze while
capturing video and it messed my drive up. I had to use the special
scavenge mode in Disk Warrior to fix it. So now I have a NewerTech
mirrored raid so everything is written to two drives at once. Then if
one drive fails you can replace it while still having access to
everything on the other drive. But that still doesn't help if you have
something happen like my FCP weirdness a couple of weeks ago. So I
have yet another drive that backs up my computer and my raid using
Time Machine.

Now I'm covered unless something bad happens right here at my desk.
But if that happens, I may have more to worry about than hard drives.

- Verdi

http://michaelverdi.com