i edit as i shoot so i spend less time actually editing. focus is key. a

--- On Wed, 5/20/09, Brook Hinton <bhin...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Brook Hinton <bhin...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Re: Frequency of Distribution
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 12:53 AM

      Everyone's different about shooting ratios and frequency and what

works for them, but I've found quite an opposite situation: when I

place an arbitrary limit on my shooting - e.g., ok, you can only shoot

ten minutes during the next two days, or for this particular journey

into the world, or you have one tape for the month etc. - I get much

more interesting material. Something about intensity of focus, about

being aware of the change that's occurring when I press the button.

I'm more in the moment, and do more with the moment.

It doesn't jibe well with the fast pace and high output culture of the

webular world though.

Brook

Brook Hinton

film/video/audio art