I think it really does require a tiered approach, which would be similar to
what you're saying... Small clips, tagged and warehoused, and then making
larger programs out of the smaller clips.  Not necessarily like a playlist
function like YouTube uses, but focusing information into interesting enough
segments to inform your blog readers and subscribers that there IS much more
material if they choose to go check it out... but that if they're *not*
interested, they won't be pelted with several updates every day, just to get
the media out the door.

~Bill
http://billcammack.com