there is also something called stretch film which if it became viable
could be relevant here. I only know of one person who actually made
something like it (using LiveStage Pro). the idea (comes from stretch
hypertext) is that you have, say, a 2 minute version of the work, but
at any point you can 'stretch' it to make that sequence or content
area longer by getting more material, and so on until you may (in
theory) view all the footage for that sequence. Bit like svg for video
I guess.

On 24/05/2009, at 5:56 AM, Bill Cammack wrote:

> I think it really does require a tiered approach, which would be
> similar to what you're saying... Small clips, tagged and warehoused,
> and then making larger programs out of the smaller clips. Not
> necessarily like a playlist function like YouTube uses, but focusing
> information into interesting enough segments to inform your blog
> readers and subscribers that there IS much more material if they
> choose to go check it out... but that if they're *not* interested,
> they won't be pelted with several updates every day, just to get the
> media out the door.

cheers
Adrian Miles
adrian.mi...@rmit.edu.au
bachelor communication honours coordinator
vogmae.net.au